TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
rematchingyou
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2022 13:25:14 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","selfinsert"]
[attr="class","top"]

after losing to , it's only fair to seek out an immediate rematch especially considering just how close their battle was. the goodra's odd typing surprised him, honestly. but that's no excuse.[break][break]

"it's time, callan!"[break][break]

two pokeballs burst, revealing his choices in trevenant and kecleon, an unlikely pairing that is bound to cause chaos.[break][break]

"we're here to take your badge."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-trevenant"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-kecleon"]

[newclass=".selfinsert"]--accent:#cbb898; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,565 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
rematchingyou
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 17:19:07 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Hey Cian." Came Callan's reply. It had been a few days since his challenge at the Rustboro city gym. In comparison, his was simpler, a warehouse with the basic necessities to allow it to be an open stadium and battlefield. "Great, looking forward to it secret agent."

Unclipping the two balls from his belt, he released out his own pair of Pokemon for the battles.

"These two will be the ones used for the challenge." Callan began, "Whenever you're ready Cian, you can start us off."

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
rematchingyou
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 18:08:45 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"start the battle off strong, team!"[break][break]

and by strong, cian really just minds bunkering down the same way callan had in his gym challenge.[break][break]

trevenant snaps a branch off its arm and lets it drop to the ground. the moment it finds impact, a CURSE sprouts, putting both it and the ursaluna on a timer. to counteract that, it also INGRAINS itself into the earth.[break][break]

kecleon's tongue slips out as it summons an ANCIENT POWER underneath the teddiursa that looks to hold it in place by its legs.

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,565 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
rematchingyou
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 15:22:09 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
The crack of a branch channels a sudden, horrific lurch inside the Ursaluna. Kenai grumble, plagued by something invisible until grunting in increasing fervor.

The curse forms itself slowly above Ursaluna, like a nail driving itself into his chest. So Kenai was now on a timer. A smart move to take out the most dangerous of the two first physically first, but there were still four turns.

"Resist it Kenai! Listen to my words" Callan replied, a vague command, but it gave the Pokemon what it needed, direction and focus, forged of trust in his trainer. "Zenos, Skill Swap!" The Spinda swirls its small finger ones, transferring BULLETPROOF for CONTRARY. "Kenai, HEADLONG RUSH towards the KECLEON!"

THe Ursaluna charges, barreling forwards with wild speed as it moves towards the Kecleon, taking the damage from ANCIENT POWER as well, the rocks cut into the bulk of the URSALUNA as it further takes a quarter of its health from the CURSE. It would not last long, likely, if nothing was to be done. Regardless, it moves into a bear clawed tackle aiming to deliver a downwards trapping blow towards the color changed Kecleon.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
rematchingyou
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 7:56:21 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

kecleon is definitely the peskier of the two, so he has to commend callan for choosing the right target to focus down.[break][break]

"you know what to do, my little jing jok!"[break][break]

dancing left and right, it isn't until the ursaluna comes close that the keclon simply drops down into its own SHADOW, SNEAKING away cleverly to avoid the HEADLONG RUSH.[break][break]

the ursaluna would find trevenant's WOOD HAMMER swinging its way intead.[break][break]

kecleon appears not long after that with its back turned to the spinda, focusing on the ursaluna.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,565 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
rematchingyou
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 3:29:42 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Ursaluna's Headlong Rush misses Cian's Kecleon, having deftly avoided it wby melding into its shadow and sneaking away. In its place came the Trevenant's Wood Hammer. It smashes directly into the Ursaluna, forcing it to chew on its Kee Berry. However the Headlong Rush continues, smashing into the Trevenant with its attack as it eats a super effective Wood Hammer, sinking its healthpool significantly.

Normally, the Kee Berry would increase the Ursaluna's stage by one, however with Contrary, it drops by one stage. Thankfully, this is counteracted with Headlong Rush's defense drop, which under Contrary, increased Ursaluna's defense.

Regardless, the Ursaluna's affliction with curse, in addition to the Wood Hammer, causes the Pokemon to faint, leaving just the Spinda on the stage. "Nicely done." Callan comments, as he awaits for the trainer's response.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
rematchingyou
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 15:08:00 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"thank you, thank you."[break][break]

one down, one to go. with the ursaluna gone, all that's left is the spinda which cian would guess is the support out of the two.[break][break]

a shrug of his shoulder later, and he points at the spinda.[break][break]

"let's finish this!"[break][break]

kecleon's tongue shoots out in an attempt to BIND it in place to set up trevenant's HORN LEECH.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,565 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
rematchingyou
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 14:26:24 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan's Spinda was bound by the tongue of Cian's Kecleon. The coil catches against Spinda's arm, holding the hare in place against the Trevenant's incoming Horn Leech. A devastating move to be sure, but it was not entirely defenseless.

Ursaluna had delivered one crucial blow to the Trevenant in its Headlong Rush, which in addition to Trevanant's Curse halving its life force, made the opposing Pokemon critically low in health. Zeno the Spinda used Sucker Punch, a bullet fast counterattacking blow empowered with dark energy rocketing forwards in a short range wave just before the Horn Leech would strike.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
rematchingyou
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 16:22:44 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

despite the heals from INGRAIN, the SUCKER PUNCH is enough to knock the trevenant out. spinda's fist connects cleanly, dark energy sapping away at trevenant's spirit before it eventually falls to the ground.[break][break]

"shit..."[break][break]

he looks at his kecleon.[break][break]

"it's all on you, jing jok!"[break][break]

with the spinda's arm still held with its tongue, the kecleon tugs it close only to send a PSYBEAM over its way.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-kecleon"]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,565 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
rematchingyou
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 12:47:51 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Bound by the tongue of the Kecleon, Zenos wobbles, trying to unbind itse way out of the jingjok's grasp but to no avail. Zenos hops, Zenos spins, and Zenos gets hit by the Kecleon's PSYBEAM. The waves of psychic energy blast the Spinda away as its normally dizzy steps become completely still, standing up straight as if not from the world's worst hangover for the first time.

"Uh oh, it's confused." Callan commented. "Copycat the PSYBEAM!"

Spinda is seemingly unresponsive for the moment, before falling face first onto the ground before getting back up again and standing still. Callan clicked his tongue, unfortunate, but that was the way these things go sometimes.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
rematchingyou
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 10:42:26 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"it's confused!"[break][break]

he says at the same time as callan, though he definitely sounds far more enthusiastic as the battle is currently swayed in his favor.[break][break]

in fact, it seems like the only way to lose now would be to make a mistake and throw it all away. but cian, much like in his games, is not a thrower.[break][break]

"it's time to clutch this!"[break][break]

kecleon takes advantage of the spinda's state of CONFUSION and SHADOW SNEAKS up close. its tongue slaps with a BIND as it attempts to slam spinda into the ground.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,565 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
rematchingyou
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 6:29:49 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Taking advantage of Zenos' confusion, the Kecleon's improved speed and bind torpedo the Spinda into the ground. While it still had some level of fight in him left, Callan didn't see the need to prolong his Spinda' suffering any longer, Cian had more than proved his ability to battle. "Okay! That's enough." Callan called out, before returning his Spinda back into its Pokeball.

"Congrats Cian." Callan called out, as he unfurled the gym badge from a small box. After Cian would recall his Kecleon from the field, Callan approached, and handed the man his badge. "I enjoyed that match, especially the use of Curse to guarantee the knockout on my Ursaluna. Risky but I thought it was very nicely done. I also enjoyed the use of bind to hold my Spinda in place and control its movements."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
rematchingyou
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 16:02:23 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

cian knows he's a decent battler. he would not have survived the recruitment process of alexander's gym in the first place if he wasn't. but after his losing spree in the hoenn star tournament, his confidence had been shaken.[break][break]

to overcome 's gym is the step in the right direction. it gives him renewed confidence, reaffirming that he is, in fact, capable.[break][break]

he runs over to his kecleon and scoops it up into his arms in a hug.[break][break]

"holy shit you were sooo good, jing jok! so strong..."[break][break]

accepting the badge from callan, cian smiles, nodding in kind.[break][break]

"thanks man! your ursaluna looked deadly so i did what i could to get it off the field asap. i enjoyed our battle a lot!"[break][break]

he taps a pokeball on kecleon's head, then looks around.[break][break]

"wanna go get something to eat?"

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,565 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
rematchingyou
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 5:55:00 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Thanks man." Callan replies in turn, as the badge slips from his hand to Cian's. "Yeah I would! What kind of food are you typically into? I know a decent Johtonian restaurant nearby."

Callan checks his phone to ensure that there weren't any sudden meetings or urgent matters to attend to before setting it to silent and walking with Cian out the door.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,944 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
rematchingyou
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 23:09:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven